- Full-day tour of Sandakan Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre including Sandakan city tour
- Ideal for lovers of nature and history
- Observe orphaned orangutans learning survival skills and feeding in their natural habitat
- Enjoy a Malay lunch and take a city tour of Sandakan, home to Chinese temples and a bustling market
- Hotel or airport pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
For Hotels / Resorts located outskirt of Kota Kinabalu City. please choose option outskirt Hotel/Resort ,surcharge applies.
What To Expect
Alongside a sanctuary staff member, observe orphaned orangutans learning skills essential to survival in the wild and watch volunteers feeding the monkeys milk and bananas. Then, discover bio-diverse flora and fauna on a guided walk through the rainforest before stopping for a typical Malay lunch on the way back to Sandakan.
Spend the afternoon on a whistle-stop city tour of Sandakan, a historic and multicultural settlement home to colonial mansions and haunting cemeteries. Visit an eclectic mixture of attractions, including St Michael’s & All Angels Church, Puu Jih Shih Chinese Temple, the bustling Sandakan Central Market, and Kampong Buli Sim Sim, a traditional village in which all houses teeter on stilts above the water.
Your tour concludes with drop-off at the airport or hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Contact the tour provider for recommended flights from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Magunatip Holidays Sdn Bhd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized