- Travel along the scenic Deutsche Alpenstrasse for mountain views
- Step straight inside the popular attraction with a skip-the-line ticket
- Watch a video about the mines’ history and explore with a local guide
- Visit the town of Berchtesgaden on the way back to Salzburg
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the bus terminal at Mirabellplatz, corner Hubert Sattler Gasse 1 (in front of St. Andrew church) Mirabellplatz / 5020 Salzburg - please arrive 15 minutes prior tour departure
What To Expect
Then slip into miners’ attire and descend into the grottos on a slide! After a thrilling ride down, explore the underground world, learning about the mines' fascinating, 450-year-old history. Top off your adventure with a raft sail on the salt lake and a train ride.
After ascending back to the surface of the earth, visit the charming town of Berchtesgaden to purchase a snack or plate of apple strudel. Your tour will conclude at its original departure point in Salzburg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms