- Private tour of 'Sound of Music' filming locations from Salzburg
- See filming locations of the iconic musical, including the Mirabell Gardens and the Schloss Hellbrunn
- Admire Maria’s wedding church in Mondsee and visit Liesl's and Rolf’s reconstructed glass gazebo
- Head into the idyllic Salzkammergut region whose lakes and mountains formed the opening titles
- Hear inside gossip and tales about the film’s making in 1965
- Upgrade to include an apple strudel cooking class in a pretty Alpine hut
- Receive the full attention of an expert driver-guide on this private tour for up to eight people
Departure & Return
Private tours: Hotel pick up & drop off WITHIN the CITY of Salzburg ONLY,. In case you are staying outside from the city of Salzburg: your private tour starts at the Panorama Bus terminal, Mirabell Platz /Hubert Sattler Gasse 1
What To Expect
Travel toward the 17th-century Schloss Hellbrunn (Hellbrunn Castle) to visit the reconstructed garden gazebo where Liesl and Rolf sang 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen.'
Afterward, drive to the stunning region of Salzkammergut and marvel at the Alpine mountains and glassy lakes featured in the opening scenes. Pass the charming village of St. Gilgen, home to the movie’s mountain railway.
Next, spot the yellow church in Mondsee where Maria’s wedding famously took place. Then, return to Salzburg to discover two more iconic locations: the Mirabell Palace and Nonnberg Abbey, where the convent scenes were filmed.
Your tour ends at the original starting point. Since this is a private tour, be sure to list any special interests you have at the time of booking so that your guide will know them in advance, and then, on the day, talk to your guide about any sights you want to see more or less of, so they can tailor your itinerary around your wishes.
See the Itinerary section below for details about the cooking school upgrade.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is a maximum of 8 people per booking as transport is minivan
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Salzburg Panorama Tours GmbH
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Please watch movie few days before tour to enjoy more." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews