1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Ride a double-decker sightseeing bus to San Francisco's most famous landmarks with a choice of 2 different passes. Explore the city's 49 square miles, including stops at big-name attractions like Pier 39, the Palace of Fine Arts and Union Square. Go at your own pace, hopping off at any of 16 stops, exploring at your leisure, and then hopping back on when you're done. Choose the Premium pass to include a night tour or a Deluxe pass for an additional 24 hours of hop-on-hop-off and a night tour.
- Travel around San Francisco on a double-decker bus, hopping on and off at any of its stops with your ticket
- Upgrade to the Premium pass to include a night tour
- Upgrade to the Deluxe pass to include an additional 24 hours of hop-on-hop-off and a night tour
- Flexible, fun and family-friendly way to make the most of your time in the city!
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
There’s no better way to see world-famous San Francisco landmarks — including a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge — than by an open-top Big Bus!
Saved to wishlist!
Hop-on Hop-off bus tour
Night Tour (Premium & Deluxe Tickets)
Buy 1 hour bike rental get 1 hour free from any Blazing Saddles shop
Free headphones for audio-guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Classic 1-day tickets will be valid for same day use. Tickets claimed after 3pm will be valid for 24 hours from time of redemption.
- Night tour operates on a first-come, first-served basis, so try to arrive early to secure your seat
- Night Tour is not a hop-on hop-off tour
- Wheelchair accessible, please call ahead for arrangements
- Daytime Tour: Show your paper or mobile voucher to a member of the Big Bus staff at any of the stops along your route to redeem.
- Night Tour: Redeem vouchers at the start of the tour, Pier 41 Fisherman's Wharf (RH5P+GX North Beach, San Francisco, CA, USA), No tours on July 4th, Thanksgiving, Dec 24th and Dec 31st.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Big Bus Tours - USA
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Do I have to go to a central location to redeem my ticket for the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:For the day tour, you can simply show a printed or electronic version of your ticket at any of the stops to board the bus. For the night tour, you must redeem your ticket at 99 Jefferson Street, San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf.
What time is the last bus on the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:The last bus departs Stop #1 - San Francisco Visitor Center at 5:00 pm.
How will I know which stop(s) to use during the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:Our live guides and pre-recorded commentary will communicate upcoming stops. You can also download our free App for more information on routes and times, and what to see and do at each stop location.
Is the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour wheelchair accessible?
A:Yes, we operate wheelchair-accessible vehicles with lifts that can accommodate up to 650 pounds however, not all vehicles are equipped. If you require an accessible vehicle, please let us know in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
Can I bring a pet with me on the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:No pets are allowed on board the bus, except ADA service animals.
Can I bring food or drink with me on the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:No food or alcohol is permitted onboard the bus. Non-alcoholic drinks in screw-top bottles are permitted.
Can I bring luggage on the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:No, luggage is not permitted onboard the bus at this time.
How often does a bus arrive at each stop during the Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:A bus arrives approximately every 30 minutes.
What is the policy on sanitization during Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Be prepared with warm clothes if you wish to go on the upper level." See review
- "The visitors should know that there are several popular stops where people get off so those are the best times to be able to get a seat on top of the bus." See review
- "Weather was perfect but it’s gets chilly so take a scarf or sweater" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Open Top Tour
60 to 120 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Hop on Hop OffBus ToursCity ToursAudio GuidesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportSan FranciscoHop on Hop Off - CaliforniaBus Tours - CaliforniaCity Tours - CaliforniaAudio Guides - CaliforniaHop on Hop Off - SausalitoBus Tours - SausalitoCity Tours - SausalitoAudio Guides - SausalitoHop on Hop Off - Napa & SonomaBus Tours - Napa & SonomaCity Tours - Napa & SonomaAudio Guides - Napa & SonomaCategory
Hayes ValleyPresidioHaas-Lilienthal HouseMarina DistrictMarrakech Magic TheaterPainted LadiesOcean Beach San FranciscoChildren's Creativity MuseumAngel Island Immigration StationNorth BeachTomales PointFerry BuildingSan Francisco Maritime National Historical ParkOracle ParkSan Francisco Treasure IslandCliff HouseExploratoriumJapanese Tea GardenSoMa (South of Market)War Memorial Opera House