- San Francisco sightseeing tour with Alcatraz admission
- Discover the city's hidden gems and diverse neighborhoods
- Hear entertaining and informative commentary from a professional guide
- Snap photos of San Francisco landmarks like Twin Peaks
- Take a ferry ride to Alcatraz Island and view the Golden Gate Bridge
- Enjoy an audio walking tour of Alcatraz and learn about the former prison
- Small-group tour provides a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
If you are driving in from outside the pickup area plan to meet us at the Hotel Zephyr in Fisherman's Wharf. There are a number of flat-rate parking lots in the area where you can leave your car all day while you are tour. It will then be close by after you finish your time on Alcatraz.
If you take transit, plan to meet us at the Hyatt Regency. This hotel is directly above the Embarcadero BART station Drumm Street exit. Meet at the front entrance to the hotel on Drumm Street between California and Sacramento Streets. This pickup is usually 30 minutes earlier than the Zephyr pickup
At the end of your four-hour city tour, you will be dropped at the Alcatraz Ferry landing to board the ferry to Alcatraz. After enjoying two to three hours on the island and in the prison, you can return on any ferry that you wish and make your own way back to your accommodation.
What To Expect
Travel the city streets, listening to your guide's commentary, full of insightful and quirky city facts. See Sutro Tower atop Twin Peak and admire the orange art deco towers of the Golden Gate Bridge. Cross through the huge green space of Golden Gate Park and get a taste of the various personalities of the city's diverse neighborhoods. Recognize scenes from some well-known movies, find hidden artwork and discover some secrets unknown to even locals.
Upon completion of your city tour, get dropped off at Pier 33 to catch your ferry to Alcatraz. Get photo ops of the city skyline and Fisherman's Wharf during the short trip, then listen to a brief history of The Rock before embarking on a self-guided audio tour in the cell blocks. Follow along with the audio tour and listen to documentary-style interviews with former guards and inmates that paint an accurate picture of how the prison ran between 1934 and 1963.
When you've finished exploring the prison and grounds, catch the ferry back to Pier 33.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- MUST provide all passenger names at time of booking
- For security purposes, a government-issued photo ID is required for all guests to board the Alcatraz ferry
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last departing ferry is usually 6:30pm
- All passengers over 18 will need to show a government issued ID to pick up tickets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fogcutter Tours
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by San Francisco Small Group City Sightseeing and Alcatraz Tour.
- "The weather might be a bit cold, but Eric provide carpets and jackets for those, who need it, so it was not an issue." See review
- "It was a little cool so he had blankets and extra jackets for everyone." See review
- "Wrap up warm , gets chilly in open topped safari vehicle but he also supplied us with blankets and coats." See review