- Narrated tour of San Francisco's waterfront by Segway
- Unique eco-friendly way to tour the city
- See more sights than on a walking tour
- Visit Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, the Embarcadero and other waterfront highlights
- Views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz
- Helmet and safety vests provided and jackets and gloves available
Departure & Return
Tours depart from the rear parking lot near the corner of Hyde St, Beach St from the Hyde St Cable Car turn around in Fisherman's Wharf. A Wells Fargo Bank ATM (Red Sign) is at the entrance to the driveway to our training area. In rear parking lot and not visible until you are at end of driveway.
What To Expect
When you’re comfortable on your Segway, your waterfront tour starts as you follow your guide past Fisherman’s Wharf and the city’s many sights along San Francisco Bay. Make plenty of stops to take photos and listen to commentary from your guide.
See attractions like Aquatic Park, the Dungeness crab stands, the turnaround for the city’s iconic cable cars, Ghirardelli Square, the National Maritime Museum and historical ships docked at Hyde Street Pier, and the USS Pampanito submarine. Pause to take in views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, and learn about the city’s fishing industry and seafood processing.
After this introduction to one of San Francisco’s most popular districts, your Segway tour ends back at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Check in 15 minutes before start time
- SEGWAY RIDER REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests must be age 12 or older.
- All guests must weigh between 100-250 lbs or 45-113 kilos.
- NOTE: We have a scale on site and check minimum weights for safety of all of our guests. Underweight guests will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- No pregnant guests are allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for some guests that are: ages 70 years and older, have had recent surgeries or have motor skill/control issues.
- Each customer must sign a Liability Waiver.
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and are required.
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY San Francisco Electric Tour Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms