6 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Kayak through the waters of Laguna Grande, a stunning bioluminescent lagoon, during this half-day tour from San Juan. Watch the glowing organisms in the water light up as your kayak slides through the water. Paddle through stands of mangrove trees and watch small fish dart through the water underneath your boat like shooting stars. Stop for a break with snacks and refreshments before heading back to your starting point. Use of all kayaking equipment and round-trip hotel transfers are included.
- Kayak through the waters of Laguna Grande—a bioluminescent lagoon
- Watch the glowing organisms in the water light up as your kayak slices through the water
- Paddle through stands of mangrove trees and watch small fish dart through the water underneath your boat like shooting stars
- Stop for a break with snacks and refreshments before heading back to your starting point
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (within the San Juan area)
2-seater kayaks and equipment
Kayaking orientation and instructions
Commentary of the surrounding area and its Flora and Fauna.
Ice cold bottled water
Additional transfer fee to towns outside of San Juan/Metro area such as Rio Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo and Dorado will apply; please contact us for more information.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park (contact us for additional assistance). Meeting point available in Luquillo for persons staying in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.
Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.
- Panamerican Pier
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of San Juan/Metro area such as Rio Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo and Dorado will apply; please contact us for more information.
- Maximum weight to participate is 260 pounds, please specify your exact weight at moment of booking as we have a limited amount of these kayaks.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: contact phone number or email, ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time. No refunds will be authorized due to failure to communicate correct information.
- Minimum age to participate is 7 years. Participants cannot be afraid of the dark as you will be kayaking thru pitch black areas.
- Not suitable for pregnant women, persons with recent surgeries, past injuries or back problems. Bear in mind each participant must be capable of paddling on their own and will be sitting on the same position for about 2 hours.
- You will get wet, it is recommended that you wear bathing suit underneath, bring a towel and extra clothes for after the tour.
- Each Bio Bay tour is guided by a certified interpretive Marine Biologist trained in First Aid & CPR
- Meeting time: Times might change depending the season and your hotel location. If so we will contact you in advance.
- Please Note: During the months of November, December and January, bioluminescence may be poor due to cooler temperatures.
- The bio bay is an unpredictable natural phenomenon that may be influenced by multiple factors. Bioluminoscity level can vary from very visible to minimum or none without any previous notice. Full Moon phase may also affect the visibility of the bioluminescence. In the event of this happening alternate methods such as the use of a tarp will be incorporated in order to appreciate it.
- This tour does not includes a stop to eat.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case. Bespoke Lifestyle Management will not be responsible for lost or stolen belongings. No luggage allowed on the buses.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Published starting time is only an estimate. Exact pick up time will be provided the DAY PRIOR to your tour.
- Bus will wait only 5 minutes after your assigned pick up time. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging/cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Tours will NOT be cancelled if it’s raining. It is still safe and the water will still glow under the rain. If the tour needs to be cancelled for severe weather conditions the Company will contact the client.
- Priority use of regular kayaks is for persons weighting 186-260, there is a possibility couples may be divided in order to accommodate on the suitable kayak.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following COVID19 protocols or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bespoke Lifestyle Management
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure Tour from San Juan?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure Tour from San Juan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure Tour from San Juan?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure Tour from San Juan?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Don't go just for the light up Bay as it's not overwhelming but the mangroves trees at sunset were beautiful." See review
- "I recommend taking the later tour when it is darker out." See review
- "A bit crowded as people were hesitant at times, but you'd rather that than getting lost from your group." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure Tour from San Juan
5 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifeWater ToursKayakingPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSan JuanCategory
Icacos Island (Cayo Icacos) Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Americas (Museo de las Américas) Tours & TicketsCastillo San Felipe del Morro Tours & TicketsLa Calle Loiza Tours & TicketsMuseum of Art of Puerto Rico (Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico) Tours & TicketsSan Juan National Historic Site (Sitio Histórico Nacional de San Juan) Tours & TicketsBacardi Rum Factory (Casa Bacardi) Tours & TicketsRio Camuy Cave Park (Parque Nacional de las Cavernas del Río Camuy) Tours & TicketsSan Juan Cathedral (Catedral de San Juan Bautista) Tours & TicketsPaseo de la Princesa Tours & TicketsMercado de Río Piedras Tours & TicketsPonce Tours & TicketsLuis A. Ferré Performing Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferré) Tours & TicketsPalomino Island Tours & TicketsLuquillo Beach Tours & TicketsCastillo San Cristobal Tours & TicketsChapel of Christ (Capilla del Cristo) Tours & TicketsPine Grove Beach Tours & TicketsMuseum of History, Anthropology and Art (Museo de Historia, Antropología y Arte) Tours & TicketsIsla Verde Tours & Tickets