3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Stroll through the east side of Savannah's Historic District to sample food at 6 restaurants on this lunchtime culinary walking tour. With a food-loving guide and a small group of 16 people or less, explore both hidden gems and well-known hot spots. During this outing, taste local delicacies like fried green tomatoes, chopped pork sandwich and en papillote chicken. Listen as your local guide fills you in on Savannah's distinctive culture and tumultuous history; the food and conversation add up to a tour that's both gastronomically and intellectually satisfying.
- Food walking tour of Savannah Historic District's east side
- Learn about Savannah's history, architecture and culture from your local guide
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
- Sample foods such as pimento cheese croissants, en papillote chicken sandwiches and Belgium Liege Waffles.
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour sets itself apart by giving you a map of all the stops, so you can go back again and again.
Saved to wishlist!
3-Hour Historic & Secret East Side Walking Food Tour of Savannah's Historic District
Learning the hidden spots, famous haunts, and the secret tastes that would even surprise some locals
Visit Off-The-Beaten-Path eateries in Savannah's East Side Historic District
Food Tastings from 6 restaurants
Gain exclusive entrance into the restaurants before they open to the public
Drift through the famed, live-oak-lined squares of Savannah
Chow down on award-winning food without having to wait in line like the rest of Savannah
Map of Tour Route
Water (additional Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Beverages are available for purchase)
Departure & Return
421 E Broughton St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
212 E Broughton St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
What To Expect
Meet your local guide and small tour group of 16 people or less in Savannah's Historic District. Meander through the tranquil, elegant squares on the district's east side, learning about Savannah's southern culture and rich history as you walk past many examples of the city's elegant architecture. During the 1.1-mile (1.77 km) walk, your first stop will be at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, which dates from 1924 and is more than just your average butcher shop. At each of the subsequent stops, taste bites like chicken sandwiches en papillote, chopped BBQ pork, fried green tomato and peach cobbler waffles. Possible locations include Zunzi's Takeout, 17Hundred90 Inn & Restaurant, Mirabelle Cafe and Wall's BBQ. Your culinary exploration of Savannah's most famous restaurants and best-kept secrets, includes all tastings, tales and plenty of fun, and ends only a few blocks from the starting location. You'll depart with a map that makes it easy to go back to your favorites later.
Bring your appetite and begin your walking tour on Savannah's famed Liberty Street. As you stroll through some of the many peaceful, pretty squares on the district's east side, your knowledgeable local guide will talk about Savannah's rich history, regal architecture and singularly southern culture. Your first stop will be East End Provisions. From there, make your way to other famous restaurants and some out-of-the-way finds, which may include Edgar's Proof and Provision, the Diplomat, Zunzi's Takeout and Leopold’s ice cream. Chat with the proprietors and enjoy tastings of both local and international favorites such as en papillote chicken sandwiches, flank steak, chicken and waffles and famous local ice cream. Some tasting locations also provide beverages, and you can bring other non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (own expense) along on your tour. You'll find that the various samples from your tour add up to a satisfying lunch. You will walk about a mile Savannah's famous historic district during your 3-hour tour with plenty of tastings to break up the walk. Your culinary exploration of Savannah's most famous restaurants and best kept secrets ends only a few blocks from the starting location. In the days following the tour, use the map (and exclusive discounts) provided to you to revisit restaurants from your tour on your own.
Admission Ticket Free
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please included your Contact phone# at checkout as this is only used in case the Tour Guide needs to contact you.
- Please advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the special requirements section of the booking page.
- If you are traveling with infant, please advise at the time of booking under special requirements
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- May not be appropriate for all children; please exercise discretion as this tour requires standing, walking, and listening to history/stories for 3 hours
- All tastings add up to a lunch portion; eating breakfast before attending the tour is advised
- Alcoholic beverages must be in a plastic or Styrofoam cup and only one alcoholic beverage is allowed at a time; failure to comply can result in a fine by Savannah Police
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Savannah's Off-The-Beaten-Path Secret East Side Historic Walking Food Tour?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Savannah's Off-The-Beaten-Path Secret East Side Historic Walking Food Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "This is a walking tour so be prepared to walk but everything is in walking distance." See review
- "If you're looking for a high-quality, easily walk-able tour with quality food and accessibility to some of the premiere chefs who make up the Savannah food-scene, you should definitely check-out the Savannah Historic and Secret East Side Food Tour." See review
- "I do recommend the tour; well worth the time and the price." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Savannah's Off-The-Beaten-Path Secret East Side Historic Walking Food Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursTours & SightseeingSavannahCity Tours - GeorgiaWalking Tours - GeorgiaHalf-day Tours - GeorgiaCity Tours - CharlestonWalking Tours - CharlestonHalf-day Tours - CharlestonCity Tours - JacksonvilleWalking Tours - JacksonvilleHalf-day Tours - JacksonvilleCategory
The Pirates’ HouseSavannah Historic DistrictTelfair AcademyHistoric Savannah TheatreShips of the Sea Maritime MuseumTelfair Museums Jepson CenterChippewa SquareMassie Heritage CenterGribble House Paranormal ExperienceAmerican Prohibition MuseumBeach Institute African American Cultural CenterFirst African Baptist ChurchTemple Mickve Israel Sorrel Weed House Factors WalkAndrew Low HouseWormsloe State Historic SiteReynolds SquareColonial Park CemeteryMadison Square