4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Discover one of the gems of southern Iceland on this glacier hike in Skaftafell National Park. Head from Skaftafell to the edge of the spectacular Vatnajokull glacier. Learn how to use your climbing equipment, then hike out through the glacier valley and up onto the ice. Follow your guide on a route past open crevasses and frozen ice-caves, and admire breathtaking views over the landscape beyond. During your family-friendly trip, learn how glaciers are formed and marvel at the scale of the mighty glacier.
- Take a walk on the Vatnajokull Glacier on a half-day tour
- Learn about glacial geology from your knowledgeable tour guide
- All necessary equipment included and no previous experience required
- A small group ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Small group guarantee
Certified glacier guide
Guided glacier tour
Specialized glacier gear
Food & drinks
Hiking boots (Available for rent)
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Difficulty level: Easy
- This tour departs from Arctic Adventures Booking Hut in Skaftafell (gray house with the turf roof). Skaftafell is located 327km (203 miles) from Reykjavík. The nearest towns to Skaftafell are Kirkjubæjarklaustur, 69km to the west and Höfn, 130km to the east.
- Minimum age of 8, and minimum shoe size of EUR 35.
- Iceland is known for colorful weather. It can sometimes show you all 4 seasons in one day. Dressing for this sort of weather can be a challenge so we always recommend to dress in layers.
- You will need sturdy hiking boots that fit crampons for the glacier hike. If you do not own a pair then we rent out good hiking boots as well as a waterproof clothing at our hut in Skaftafell for a small fee.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Small Group Glacier Wonders Adventure From Skaftafell?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Small Group Glacier Wonders Adventure From Skaftafell?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Small Group Glacier Wonders Adventure From Skaftafell?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesSkaftafellHiking - East IcelandHiking - VikHiking - ReykjavikCategory