- Spend longer on the ice than possible on most other tours
- Get insights into glaciers and how they are formed, from your guide
- Includes safety equipment: Hiking boots are available for rent
- Small-group tour ensures a more personal experience
Departure & Return
We will see you at our meeting point 30 minutes before departure time. Please note that if you arrive after departure time your place on the tour can't be guaranteed or refunded. Since May 1st, 2019 the meeting point is at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center by the main road. You can look up "Skaftafell Terminal" on Google Maps to find the exact location and driving directions. Driving time to Skaftafell from Reykjavík is around 4 hours and 30 minutes. If you arrive early, you can visit Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center which offers free parking and has restrooms.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress according to weather
- Good to have energy snacks
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Troll Expeditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Skaftafell Adventure Tour - 5-Hour Expedition.