- Drive a snowmobile beneath the vivid Iceland stars
- Marvel at the dramatic beauty of the Langjökull area, home to Iceland's second-largest glacier
- Depending on the conditions, witness a spectacular show of the Northern Lights
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
At the base, you'll be offered a hat, gloves, and warm winter overalls, so you can stay warm while keeping a lookout for the lights. Await the appearance of the Northern Lights, all the while gazing at shooting stars and vivid constellations.
Your tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children under the age of 6
- Children over 6 must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note the price is per person and there are 2 passengers per snowmobile
- A valid drivers license is required to drive the snowmobile
- Operates in all cold conditions, please dress appropriately (we recommend warm clothing in layers with waterproofs over the top, plus a hat and gloves)
- Good walking shoes or boots are recommended, as the glacier can sometimes be slippery
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Skalpi ehf Mountaineers of Iceland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Northern Lights Snowmobiling Experience on Langjökull Glacier from Gullfoss.