- Laki Craters, Tjarnargígur, and Fjadrargljufur Canyon tour from Kirkjubæjarklaustur
- Travel by specialty Jeeps engineered for a safe drive across Iceland’s rugged terrain
- Active tour takes you on multiple hikes in one day
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people or fewer for more intimate experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kirkjubæjarklaustur included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 2 adult participants to take the tour
- Please note that in the spring, tracks and mountain roads may be closed during the thawing period; we reserve the right to cancel the tour or alter routes, itineraries or timetables should the necessity arise, including irregularities due to adverse weather or road conditions
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear shoes suitable for uneven terrain
- Please bring food and drinks for the day, as none are provided
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Hiking trails are marked and suitable for most people; walking is not necessary
- Lakagigar is in Vatnajokull National Park. The area is extremely sensitive and travelers must stay on marked trails at all times
- Service animals allowed
- Drone flight is not allowed in the national park but possible to apply for a permit in advance
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Secret Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms