- Kayak and snorkel shore excursion in St. Thomas
- Guided adventure in the protected Mangrove Lagoon
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
- Morning and afternoon departures available
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel through the protected area to Patricia Cay and Long Point, where you'll board your kayak to glide through the may small islands in the mangrove lagoon. While paddling, look out for spotted rays and stingrays as they glide beneath your boat.
Put on your provided snorkel gear and explore the underwater world. Follow your guide's lead and feel free to ask any questions or directions, especially if it's your first time snorkeling. Peer through your mask at the coral-fringed mangrove roots and listen as your guide points out the vibrant surrounding marine life. Hop back in your kayak for the short paddle back to the marina.
If you select the hiking option, visit Cas Cay, an unspoiled deserted island. Home many endangered or threatened bird species like white-cheeked pintail ducks, brown pelicans, roseate terns and herons, this island is part of the Virgin Islands Park System. Visit the island's coral and shell beaches, volcanic cliffs, blow hole and tidal pools.
Worry-free shore excursion:
We will ensure that your activity ends with ample time for you to get back to the cruise port before your ship departs. In the unlikely event that your ship has already departed, we will arrange transportation to your next port-of-call. Please see Viator's terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Mask required at check in, not required for paddling or snorkeling
- Adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Additional sanitation measures taken on site for COVID-19
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Virgin Islands Ecotours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by St Thomas Shore Excursion: Mangrove Lagoon Kayak and Snorkel Tour.