- Full-day private tour of the Eastern Desert Castles from the Dead Sea
- Private tour ensures personalized attention and a flexible itinerary
- Visit Qasr Amra, Qasr al-Asraq, and Qasr Kharana
- Pickup and drop-off from Dead Sea accommodations
- Travel via private, climate-controlled vehicle
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Arrive first at Qasr al-Azraq, a 13th-century fortress that served as T.E. Lawrence's headquarters during World War I. Snap some photos of the black basalt structure, then continue on to Qasr Amra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site built in the 8th century. The castle itself no longer exists, but the frescoes and artwork survive.
Your final stop is one of the best-preserved Umayyad monuments in the area, the Qasr Kharana. Learn about the contested origins of the structure from your guide before returning to your hotel for drop-off around 5pm.
This private tour ensures that you get undivided personalized attention from your guide and plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff