- Breathtaking 2-hour helicopter return flight from Sydney to the Hunter Valley
- See the Sydney Opera House and other iconic landmarks from the air
- Spectacular views over Sydney Harbour, Hawkesbury River and Hunter Valley
- Gourmet three-course lunch including a bottle of wine and wine tasting
- Informative commentary from your expert pilot-guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, Mascot. Pickups available upon request. Return point: Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:30pm
What To Expect
After the safety briefing, it's time for photo ops in front of the helicopter before boarding. Cameras and video recorders can be taken with you on the helicopter for more fantastic memories of your flight.
Within minutes of boarding your helicopter, you will be flying over some of Sydney’s iconic landmarks. Enjoy an aerial perspective on Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House before heading north following the coast past Manly to Palm Beach then turning inland over the Hawkesbury River and the Brisbane Waters. Your flight path will take you over some of Sydney’s nearest rugged bushland before opening up on the expanse of the Hunter Valley region to arrive in style at your destination.
Sip a variety of the Hunter Valleys finest produce during a wine session tasting that introduces iconic varieties of the region such as semillon and shiraz, along with other award winning wines. Then head to a celebrated winery restaurant for a gourmet three-course lunch. Soak in views of the vineyards and hills during your meal, which features seasonal specialties and fresh produce from the valley’s fertile farmland, accompanied by a complimentary bottle of wine.
After your deluxe winery lunch, return to the helicopter for your flight back to Sydney. Expect to spend about one hour in the air during your scenic helicopter flight. Radio headsets allow for two-way communications with your pilot during your flight, so that you can hear live commentary about the landmarks between Sydney and the Hunter Valley while you are in the air.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We operate Robinson helicopters that have a maximum seat limitation of 135kg (297lbs), passengers in excess of this weight will be required to fly in the Eurocopter helicopter which will incur additional cost (subject to the number of passengers travelling).
- All passengers will be weighed upon check in.
- If you have an infant (a passenger under 3 years), you will be required to book a private flight for additional cost.
- Helicopters are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the pilot is unable to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking due to occupational, health and safety regulations.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Courtesy transfer is available from selected City hotels. Once accommodation details are provided we will arrange the closest available option to where you are staying.
- You will receive confirmation of your flight time and scheduled pickup time from a City hotel (if required) via email.
- If you do not require transfer or are staying in an area outside the City you can make your own way to our base, check-in is 30 minutes prior to the confirmed departure time.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sydney HeliTours
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms