- Scenic flight by seaplane over Sydney's northern beaches
- Unforgettable photo opportunities of Manly, Curl Curl, Avalon, and Palm Beach
- Aerial photo opportunities of Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House
- Informative commentary from your expert pilot-guide
Departure & Return
The Seaplane Base is a small departure building to the right hand side of the Catalina Restaurant.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After making your own way to Rose Bay, meet your pilot and receive an orientation to the seaplane. Learn some of the history of seaplanes worldwide and in Australia.
Your pilot provides you with a headset that permits 2-way communication during your flight. The high-wing seaplane and large windows offer great sightlines for photo ops.
As you take off over Rose Bay, hear about the sights below you from your pilot. Admire the golden sandstone cliffs and the shimmering Pacific Ocean as you head north towards Palm Beach, which has become known as the setting for the popular Australian soap opera ‘Home and Away.’ Along the way, you also fly over beaches such as Curl Curl, Manly, and Avalon, where you might spot surfers catching waves.
When you soar above Pittwater, note how many boats line the waterways of this favorite spot for boaters of all stripes. Then head back over the city and Sydney Harbour, admiring aerial views of Sydney Heads, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the sails of the iconic Sydney Opera House.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Minimum 2 adult passengers for this tour
- Flight cancellations due to weather will be rescheduled for an alternative day
- All passengers weights must be advised at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sydney Seaplanes
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms