- Sydney Harbour sightseeing and whale-watching cruise
- See top Sydney sights like the Opera House from the water
- Watch for whales in the open water of the Pacific Ocean
- Enjoy an onboard breakfast or BBQ lunch and listen to live commentary
- Guaranteed whale sightings or enjoy a return cruise for free
- Smaller numbers ensure a more comfortable whale-watching experience
Departure & Return
Wharf 1, Eastern Pontoon, Eastern side of Circular Quay The pontoon is located in front of Searock Grill Restaurant Please check in 15-30 minutes before departure time
What To Expect
Get comfortable and enjoy a buffet breakfast or barbecue lunch while gliding on the calm waters of Sydney Harbour. Take in landmark waterfront sights with great photo ops of Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Fort Denison. After breakfast or lunch, your boat cruises past Sydney Heads, Manly Beach, Watsons Bay, and The Gap as it leaves the harbor and enters the Pacific Ocean.
From May to November, as many as 15,000 humpbacks and southern right whales pass by this stretch of Australian coast during their migration between Antarctica and the Great Barrier Reef. Typical whale behaviors that you might witness include breaching (jumping) out of the water, hitting the water’s surface with their tails and spouting as they surface. Your naturalist guide provides informative commentary about whales, dolphins and other marine life that you might see during your whale-watching cruise.
While sightings are almost guaranteed, wildlife is unpredictable. If your naturalist guide does not find any whales during your trip, you can return for a complimentary whale-watching cruise on another day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking- Vegetarian dietary requirments only can be catered for
- Seasonal product available from May to November
- Please dress appropriately with comfortable shoes and warm clothing depending on the time of the year
- Please bring a camera and sun protection
- If you require motion sickness tablets please visit a pharmacy or seek advice prior to your cruise departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 96 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sydney Princess Cruises
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Waters were rough, plan on taking seasickness medication before you are on the water or you will feed your breakfast to the whales." See review
- "They suggest seasickness pills when you check in and that's a great suggestion, because it does get bumpy out there." See review
- "The water was rough and chairs and tables were not safe." See review