2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience Tamarindo’s perfect breaks with a 2-hour surf lesson at a legendary beachside shop. Get in the water for the first time and practice paddling, popping up and riding in a forgiving beach break. More experienced surfers can hone their skills by surfing alongside an expert instructor, learning to read the breaking surf while improving technique and form. Riders of all skill levels can soak up the sun on the Pacific Coast and enjoy the security of an experienced surf school that places the emphasis on safety and fun.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Get inside tips from a local
- Popular choice with kids
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Saved to wishlist!
Rash guard (Surf Shirt)
Soft-Top surf board
Professional bilingual instructor
Use of changing rooms
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
152, Provincia de Guanacaste, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Children under 10 are Required to Book a Private Lesson for safety reasons and to ensure a more one-on-one attention
- Note: Please contact the phone number on your voucher to advise your chosen lesson time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Semi private lessons are for two or three people travelling together
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iguana Turismo Aquatico
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Surf Lessons in Tamarindo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Surf Lessons in Tamarindo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Surf Lessons in Tamarindo?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Surf Lessons in Tamarindo?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Surf Lessons in Tamarindo
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesSports Lessons Surfing Lessons Water SportsClasses & WorkshopsOutdoor ActivitiesUnique ExperiencesTamarindoUnique Experiences - Guanacaste and NorthwestSports Lessons - Guanacaste and NorthwestSurfing Lessons - Guanacaste and NorthwestUnique Experiences - Playa FlamingoSports Lessons - Playa FlamingoSurfing Lessons - Playa FlamingoUnique Experiences - Santa CruzSports Lessons - Santa CruzSurfing Lessons - Santa CruzCategory