- Evening tour to Playa Grande turtle nesting ground
- Watch turtles nest or baby turtles hatch
- Red light provided help you see the action without disturbing turtles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
6:00 PM @ Native's Way Tamarindo Office Please contact us if you would like to arrange pick up from a different location
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Travel to a protected beach, Playa Grande. Once there, climb out and spend time watching nature take its course: Green Pacific and Olive Ridley turtles laying their eggs. You may even see Leatherback turtles (very rare) or turtle eggs hatching and babies making their way to the sea.
Flash photography and flashlights are prohibited, but your guide will use a special red light that does not disturb the turtles.
At the conclusion of your tour, get dropped off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children age 4 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Native's Way Costa Rica
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Night Turtle Nesting Tour from Tamarindo.