- Wildlife-viewing cruise from John O’Groats
- Cruise through Pentland Firth
- Admire the dramatic scenery
- Look for puffins, seals, the occasional whale, and more
- Indoor- and outdoor-viewing
Departure & Return
Name of the boat is the MV Pentland Venture.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Marvel at an abundance of seabirds at either the colossal cliffs near Duncansby Head, or the uninhabited island of Storma. As you explore the rugged scenery by boat, you’ll see puffins, guillemots, razorbills, and arctic skuas, among other native bird species.
With luck, you’ll catch a glimpse of Atlantic Grey Seal colonies from an excellent vantage point on deck. Listen to informative commentary from your guide throughout the cruise and enrich your knowledge of Scotland’s natural history.
Bid your guide farewell and disembark at the marina at the end of your cruise.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Tour is operated in English unless otherwise stated
- Child prices apply to children aged 5 - 15 years of age
- Infants aged 4 years and under are free of charge, providing they do not occupy a seat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Dogs are okay on Wildlife Cruise
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- OPERATED BY John O'Groats Ferries
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
See all safety measures taken by Wildlife Cruise from John O'Groats.