- Full-day trip from Tokyo to Nikko National Park, the Toshogu Shrine, and Edo Wonderland
- Learn about the venerable Toshogu Shrine from your knowledgable local guide
- See the famous carving of the three wise monkeys depicting ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’
- Take in the natural beauty of Nikko National Park and look for wild monkeys
- Step into the past with a visit to Edo Wonderland, a 17th-century theme park
- Watch performances of traditional Japanese theater as well as samurai and ninja demonstrations
- Rent kimono, ninja, or samurai costumes to wear
Departure & Return
Departure PointHamamatsucho Bus Terminal, 2 Chome-4 Hamamatsucho, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0013, Japan
Return DetailsAsakusa Sta., 1-chōme-1-3 Asakusa, Taito City, Tokyo 111-0032, Japan
What To Expect
After gazing at the impressive Yomeimon Gate, head to one of many excellent eateries for lunch (own expense). Then climb aboard the complimentary shuttle to Edo Wonderland, a historical amusement park bursting with color and charisma.
Stroll the antique streets of the wonderland and travel back in time to 17th-century Tokyo; greet geishas and pass samurais and ninjas as you capture photographs of the impressive surroundings. Watch performances of traditional Kabuki shows in a selection of six theaters and see the atmospheric shadow picture shows that influenced modern anime.
Spend as little or as long as you'd like in Edo Wonderland, and then use your provided public transport ticket to take the local bus and train back to Tokyo.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for necessary itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Tour guide will accompany the group from bus pickup through the end of the visit at Toshogu Shrine. The remaining part of the tour is self-guided; you will take the local bus from Edo Wonderland to Kinugawa Onsen Station and take the train back to Tobu Asakusa Station in Tokyo
- The tour will walk up and down steps and hilly paths at Nikko Toshogu. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants will ride Nikko Edomura's free shuttle bus from the Toshogu-shita bus stop boarding point to Nikko Edomura. The bus departure times for Nikko Edomura are 13:15 and 14:45. The time spent at Nikko Edomura may be shorter depending on the bus taken. Transportation from Nikko Edomura to the Kinugawa-Onsen Station is by Tobu Dial Bus.
- An earphone guide will be provided to each participant at Nikko Toshogu Shrine. However, if there are 15 or fewer participants, earphone guides may not be used. A fee of JPY 10,000 may be incurred if an earphone guide is lost or damaged by a participant.
- This tour is shared with customers of the 1-Day Nikko Tour. 10. This tour is shared with customers of the 1-Day Nikko Tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 1-Day Nikko & Ninja Tour:World Hertage of Nikko Toshogu and Edo Wonderland .