Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day trip to Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Mt Komagatake
- Japanese-style lunch included
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise on beautiful Lake Ashi
- Hotel pickup from select hotels and locations in Tokyo
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
SHINJUKU 8:25am Keio Plaza Hotel-Main Bldg 3F JTB SunriseTours
Depart GINZA SIX 1F Sightseeing Bus Stop
Near Shinjuku West Exit
What To Expect
Start your tour of Mount Fuji and environs in the morning with a pickup from select hotels in Tokyo and then proceed on by air-conditioned bus for your ride to Mount Fuji, heading up to a height of 7,607 feet (2,305m) above sea level on the mountain. Upon arrival at Mt Fuji, enjoy the astounding views of the entire region and an informative museum that details the ecology, meteorology, culture and history of the mountain and the nearby Fuji Five Lakes. You’ll also have time during your stop to check out the second-floor observation deck, offering stunning vistas of the peak of this renowned mountain on clear days.
Continue to Mount Fuji’s 5th Station, which lies about halfway up the mountain, for more incredible views. Take some time to wander the site’s souvenir store and its torii gates and shrines, which help commemorate the mountain’s symbolic role as a transition between heaven and earth. Stop by a local restaurant to enjoy a Japanese-style lunch.
Head next to Lake Ashi, which lies in a crater formed by a massive volcanic eruption around 3,000 years ago. Take a short cruise of this postcard-perfect body of water, admiring views of Mount Fuji, Mount Komagatake and other peaks in the distance.
Move back to the lakeshore after your cruise, where you’ll continue to the Mount Komagatake Ropeway, which will whisk you to the mountain’s peak. Climb ever-higher aboard this aerial tramway as you head to the summit, where you’ll then have time to wander around. Explore the beautiful views as you explore the top of the peak, including great views of Mount Fuji, the Izu Peninsula, and Izu islands, among other features. Your tour concludes with a coach transfer back to the Tokyo area.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please make sure to specify the meeting location at the time of booking. Please be aware that the specified meeting location and drop-off location may not be changed on the day of the tour. The bus may not stop by meeting locations and drop-off locations for which there are no prior reservations.
- Wheelchair access – please contact local supplier at the time of booking. Wheelchair on the day of departure must be foldable. Passenger must provide their own caretaker.
- If Mt. Fuji's 5th Station cannot be reached due to road surface freezing, an accident on the Fuji Subaru Line, or weather conditions, the tour will be taken to the highest elevation point possible. No alternative destinations are planned when the tour reaches beyond the 1st Station. When the tour has to turn back at the 1st Station, or when the Fuji Subaru Line is completely blocked, the tour will visit Fujisan World Heritage Center or Lake Kawaguchi Oishi Park. Please note that an alternative itinerary may also be omitted depending on road conditions.
- Due to weather conditions, Mt. Fuji may not be visible even from the base. However, the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be given for this reason.
- If the Lake Ashi cruise or Komagatake Ropeway cannot be boarded (when not visitable due to suspension of operation, road congestion, or conditions at other sightseeing areas), the tour will be guided to one of the following alternative destinations. Hakone Venetian Glass Museum, Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Pirate Ship, Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Checkpoint, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Mt. Fuji Panoramic Ropeway, Itchiku Kubota Art Museum, Hakone Shrine, Oshino Shinobi no Sato, etc.
- Arrival time at each location may vary depending on the season and day of the week due to traffic conditions, and may be considerably delayed.
- Transportation may be delayed by traffic congestion. Even if you miss your Shinkansen after disembarking at Odawara Station due to a delay, no refunds will be given. Please ride the next train in the Non-reserved section. If you plan on taking a Shinkansen after the tour ends, please make sure to choose a Shinkansen departing Odawara Station at 19:00 or later.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats or lunch. If bus seats or lunch is required, please make a booking under the child rate.
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking. - Allergy-friendly meals, etc. are not available. Customers with allergies should reserve the tour without lunch included.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Passengers depart from Ginza Six, drop off service will be Ginza area.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If weather is not good then some spectacles are missed, but its worth the chance." See review