Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi, Mt Komagatake and Hakone National Park and return by bullet train to Tokyo
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Mt Fuji
- Cruise the waters of beautiful Lake Ashi in a boat
- Ride the Mt Komagatake Ropeway for sweeping views of Hakone National Park
- See the bright red shrine and panoramic views on a stroll at the top of Mt Komagatake
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the history and significance of the sights you visit
- Travel in comfort by deluxe coach and bullet train (Shinkansen) on Tokyo's most popular day tour
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
*SHINJUKU 8:25am Keio Plaza Hotel-Main Bldg 3F JTB SunriseTours Office
Sightseeing Bus Stop
Return point: The tour concludes at Shin-Yokohama Station, Shinagawa Station, or Tokyo Station around 8:00pm
What To Expect
Proceed by coach to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station that is located at 7,545 feet (2,300m) about halfway up the mountain and offers another vantage point for Mt Fuji and the surrounding lakes (subject to weather conditions). The 5th Station also features shrines, torii gates, souvenir shops, and perhaps a few climbers completing their preparations for their ascent.
Then have time to enjoy Japanese-style lunch (if you select the "+ Lunch" option at checkout). Otherwise, you have the option to buy your own meal. Then drive to Lake Ashi, located nearby in Hakone National Park. Admire the pretty scenery as you take a short cruise across the lake, which is surrounded by mountains including Mt Fuji and Mt Komagatake.
Then journey to the top of Mt Komagatake on the Mt Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tram that lifts off from the shores of the lake and takes you up Mt Komagatake in an enclosed cabin with 360-degree views. When you reach the summit, enjoy time to take in views over Lake Ashi and Mt Fuji. You can also take a short stroll along one of the walking trails at the mountain top.
After visiting Mt Komagatake, transfer by coach to the evening bullet train (Shinkansen) for your return to Tokyo Station.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please make sure to specify the meeting location at the time of booking. Please be aware that the specified meeting location and drop-off location may not be changed on the day of the tour. The bus may not stop by meeting locations and drop-off locations for which there are no prior reservations.
- Wheelchair access – please contact local supplier at the time of booking. Wheelchair on the day of departure must be foldable. Passenger must provide their own caretaker.
- If Mt. Fuji's 5th Station cannot be reached due to road surface freezing, an accident on the Fuji Subaru Line, or weather conditions, the tour will be taken to the highest elevation point possible. No alternative destinations are planned when the tour reaches beyond the 1st Station. When the tour has to turn back at the 1st Station, or when the Fuji Subaru Line is completely blocked, the tour will visit Fujisan World Heritage Center or Lake Kawaguchi Oishi Park. Please note that an alternative itinerary may also be omitted depending on road conditions.
- Due to weather conditions, Mt. Fuji may not be visible even from the base. However, the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be given for this reason.
- If the Lake Ashi cruise or Komagatake Ropeway cannot be boarded (when not visitable due to suspension of operation, road congestion, or conditions at other sightseeing areas), the tour will be guided to one of the following alternative destinations. Hakone Venetian Glass Museum, Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Pirate Ship, Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Checkpoint, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Mt. Fuji Panoramic Ropeway, Itchiku Kubota Art Museum, Hakone Shrine, Oshino Shinobi no Sato, etc.
- Arrival time at each location may vary depending on the season and day of the week due to traffic conditions, and may be considerably delayed.
- Transportation may be delayed by traffic congestion. Even if you miss your Shinkansen after disembarking at Odawara Station due to a delay, no refunds will be given. Please ride the next train in the Non-reserved section. If you plan on taking a Shinkansen after the tour ends, please make sure to choose a Shinkansen departing Odawara Station at 19:00 or later.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats or lunch. If bus seats or lunch is required, please make a booking under the child rate.
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking. - Allergy-friendly meals, etc. are not available. Customers with allergies should reserve the tour without lunch included.
- Guide's explanations may be listened to using a free app to be downloaded into customers' own smartphones (Wi-Fi only needed when downloading the app; Wi-Fi at meeting location may be used). The multilingual audio guide service may also continue to be used separately as usual.
- Lunch will be Japanese-style (beef hot pot sukiyaki style) with 1 plate of fruit and unlimited coffee. (only if you select "+ Lunch" option at checkout)
- Vehicle without Wi-Fi may be used (depending on the number of tour participants, vehicle may be changed to a mid-size or small-size bus, van, minivan, taxi, etc.)
- From 2022, a portion of the sales will be donated for the conservation of Mt. Fuji as part of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It's very windy when you are on the 5th station so take a jacket!" See review
- "This tour can be a bit rushed due to how much is being done in the one day, so if you really want to spend a bit more time at each place it might require a 2 day tour." See review
- "If you have mobility issues better to team up with another couple and share the cost of a taxi, though taxis in a Japan are expensive, but overall fantastic day" See review