7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Watch powerful sumo wrestlers train during a practice session at the Chiganoura training stable. You’ll learn about this ancient sport on a private tour of Tokyo with your own personal guide. Then visit Senso-ji, a Buddhist temple in the popular Asakusa area. Afterward, ride a boat on the Sumida River and tour Hamarikyu Gardens and the outer Tsukiji Fish Market. You'll ride accompanied on the subway (own expense) to each attraction, with hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Enjoy a Sumida River boat ride from Asakusa to Hamarikyu
- Full-day private tour of Tokyo including Asakusa and sumo visit
- Private guide offers a more personalized experience
- See sumo wrestlers in training at Chiganoura training stable
- Stroll through the 17th-century Hamarikyu Garden
- Visit Senso-ji and tour the outer Tsukiji Fish Market
Saved to wishlist!
Professional English-speaking guide
Water bus fare (from Asakusa to Hamarikyu)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (Tokyo centrally located, not by a car)
Transportation to/from attractions (except from Asakusa to Hamarikyu)
Transportation (for customer and guide)
Food and drinks, if any for a tea ceremony
Lunch (on your request)
Admission fees, if any other than Hama-rikyu Gardens
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel of Tokyo 23 ward.
Also, please let us know your hotel name.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 3 people per booking (due to sumo stable and Tsukiji walking)
- Itinerary is subject to change due to sumo stable availability. See affected dates below: (A week before or after each tournament dates would likely be unavailable, except Tokyo)
- Tokyo- Jan 13 to 27
- Osaka - March 10 to 24
- Tokyo - May 12 to 26
- Nagoya - July 7 to 21
- Tokyo - September 8 to 22
- Fukuoka - November 10 to 24
- In Ryogoku, Sumo Museum (free) and the Edo Tokyo Museum (600yen/person) are alternatives to the Sumo Stable when not available.
- While visiting the Sumo Stable, remember to turn your cell phone and camera flash off, no personal food or drink allowed, remove your hat/cap, no loitering, no wheelchair.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nippon PLUS
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Asakusa, Tsukiji Fish Market and Sumo Stable Tour Including Water Bus Ride
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursUnique ExperiencesRail ToursWater ToursWalking ToursMarketsHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesTokyoFood Tours - KantoUnique Experiences - KantoRail Tours - KantoWater Tours - KantoWalking Tours - KantoMarkets - KantoHistorical Tours - KantoFull-day Tours - KantoFood Tours - MusashinoUnique Experiences - MusashinoRail Tours - MusashinoWater Tours - MusashinoWalking Tours - MusashinoMarkets - MusashinoHistorical Tours - MusashinoFull-day Tours - MusashinoFood Tours - KawasakiUnique Experiences - KawasakiRail Tours - KawasakiWater Tours - KawasakiWalking Tours - KawasakiMarkets - KawasakiHistorical Tours - KawasakiFull-day Tours - KawasakiCategory
Hakone RopewayNational Museum of Nature and ScienceTokyo JoypolisHarajukuTokyo Station (Tokyo Eki)KagurazakaChidorigafuchi MoatYurakucho Yakitori AlleyAkasaka Palace (State Guest House)Fuji-Hakone-Izu National ParkMaxell Aqua Park ShinagawaGhibli MuseumGinzaAmeyoko Shopping Street (Ameya-Yokocho)Haneda Airport (HND)Mt. Fuji 5th StationEngaku-ji TempleTokyo SEA LIFE® ParkTokyo SolamachiKitanomaru Park (Kitanomaru Koen)