- Attend one of the three annual sumo wrestling tournaments in Tokyo
- Enjoy the excitement of a sumo tournament held at Ryogoku Kokugikan stadium
- Great way to explore the traditions and history of sumo
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
According to Japanese adherents of sumo, the sport dates back more than 1500 years, developing as an outgrowth of the country’s Shinto religious system. During the tournament, you’ll watch these massive wrestlers as they attempt to ‘force’ their opponent out of their ring, feeling the roar of the crowd as the momentum literally shifts back and forth between the competitors.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sumo Wrestling Tournament Experience in Tokyo.