Are you interested in?
- Explore Japanese culinary traditions during this combination tour
- Discover an array of seafood for sale at Tsukiji Outer Fish Market (morning tour only)
- Explore Japanese cooking during a hands-on cooking lesson
- Learn to prepare dishes that emphasizes homemade, traditional techniques
Departure & Return
Departure PointTsukiji Hongwan-ji, 3-chōme-15-1 Tsukiji, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0045, Japan
Return Details1: Kokusai Bldg., 3-chōme-1-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
2: COREDO Nihonbashi, 1-chōme-4-1 Nihonbashi, Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0022, Japan
What To Expect
Once you’ve had your ‘fill’ of seafood, proceed with your guide to the gourmet cooking studio of one of Asia’s largest culinary schools, boasting more than 150 studios throughout the region. Following the instruction of an experienced cooking teacher, learn to prepare two ‘washoku’ recipes, a style of Japanese cuisine emphasizing traditional and homemade techniques. This typically includes a sushi roll along with a Japanese-style omelet, called ‘tamagoyaki,’ plus side dishes.
Finish your session by digging into your tasty creations for lunch, enjoying your meal accompanied by your choice of wine, plum sake or soft drinks. Leave with a full stomach and a newfound appreciation for the wondrous world of Japanese cuisine and its top-notch ingredients.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to the relocation of inner market on Oct 6th 2018,
- NO tour of inner wholesale fish market.
- We may spend approx. 70 min at outer shopping market and Namiyoke Shrine instead.
- Minimum of 2 guests required to run tour
- Minimum age is 9 years
- Minimum height is 4.2 ft. (130 cm)
- Casual clothing and comfortable shoes are strongly recommended
- No strollers and luggage is allowed
- We may publish photos taken during the activity onto our website, social network service and any advertisement.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY ABC Cooking Travel
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Tokyo Tsukiji Outer Market Walking Tour and Rolled Sushi Class.