- Food walking tour of Tokyo in the evening
- Sample local dishes including dessert
- Stroll the streets of Yurakucho, Ginza, and Shimbashi with a local guide
- Experience the extreme range of these areas from posh Ginza to the office worker havens of Yurakucho and Shinbashi
Departure & Return
Meet up point: Outside Hankyu Men’s Department Store by the bus stop across from JTB tourist information center. 有楽町駅の銀座出口 阪急百貨店 Address: 2-5-1, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 〒100-8488 東京都千代田区有楽町２丁目５−１ Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/AXGUN81eq4y
End point: JR Shimbashi Station
What To Expect
Stop by Gado Shita, a busy restaurant area located directly under the city’s elevated train tracks. Wander amidst the narrow streets, blazing neon sights, and enticing smells of this culinary hot spot, an area which hearkens back to Japan in the 1970s. Stop by a selection of local ‘izakayas’ (pubs) frequented by residents, where you try out different varieties of ‘yakitori’ and drinks.
Head next to Tokyo’s upscale Ginza neighborhood, an area that provides the perfect contrast to the labyrinths of Gado Shita. Marvel at the upscale food shops selling $500 designer melons and let your mouth water as you pass by meticulously-decorated pastries in the display cases of local retailers.
Finish your food exploration by visiting Shimbashi, where you get a chance to take a deeper dive into some of Tokyo’s many rustic eateries and charming ‘izakayas.’ Finish your excursion in Shimbashi.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Accepts Single Travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dietary Restriction Flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free Friendly
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arigato Japan KK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "As an FYI- if you do not eat pork, this is probably not the best tour for you." See review