- See the popular Shibuya neighborhood through the eyes of a local
- Visit off-the-beaten-path restaurants and try regional foods
- Explore the hidden back alleys and elevated eateries of Shibuya
- Sample local favorite foods plus beer, shochu, and soft drinks
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet up point: In front of the Wall Mural of Hachiko (The famous local dog) right outside the station, at Hachiko Exit. Address: 1 Chome-2 Dogenzaka, Shibuya City, Tokyo 150-0043 〒150-0043 東京都渋谷区道玄坂１丁目２
End point: Tokyu Department Store basement level under the station.
What To Expect
Skip the overpriced tourist eateries and instead follow your guide inside some of Shibuya’s wealth of side-street restaurants favored by Tokyo residents. As you hop between food stops, sample a variety of Japanese delicacies from across the country, such as Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, different kinds of sushi, Wagyu Beef ‘yakitori’ (barbecue) skewers, and even some taiyaki dessert. You even get to wander through the labyrinth of food items for sale at a “depachika” (underground food hall). One included beverage helps you wash it all down.
Finish your food exploration back at your original starting point with a full stomach and a newfound appreciation for Japan’s one-of-a-kind gastronomic culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Accepts Single Travelers
- Children on this tour will have the chicken skewers instead of beef.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Karaoke After Party available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: Vegan, Vegetarian-friendly
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arigato Japan KK
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Walking Food Tour of Shibuya at Night.