- Learn to cook paella and see Valencia during this combination cooking class and sightseeing bus trip
- Shop for paella ingredients at Valencia's Central Market
- Practice the cooking techniques necessary to make this famous Valencia dish
- Get special cooking pointers from an expert chef
- Take a panoramic city tour aboard a hop-on hop-off bus with a 24-hour ticket
- Great introduction to Valencia's food, culture, and history
Departure & Return
Market visit / class: Stairs of San Valero church (Ruzafa neighborhood). Bus tour: You can board the Bus at any time and any bus stops, over 24 hours. The bus stop nearest to the school of Paellas is “Museo Fallero” (fallas museum).
What To Expect
Back at the cooking school, learn all the necessary steps and techniques behind this iconic Valencia dish from your expert chef instructor. You also gain new insight into the history behind this most famous of local cuisines. When you finish the preparation of your own paella, grab a seat to enjoy your food with other class participants, accompanied by an included glass of local wine, homemade beer, Valencian tomatoes, and Spanish-style omelet. Before concluding your cooking experience, receive a ‘Expert Paella Chef’ certificate recognizing your new abilities.
Begin the second half of your day (or the first half if you've chosen the evening paella class) with a flexible ‘Panoramic City Tour’ aboard a hop-on hop-off bus. The trip offers audio in several different languages, and you’re free to get on and off at any stop you wish. Two different options, including the ‘Maritime’ and ‘Historical’ route, offer the chance to explore different sides of the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Both activities should be done on the same day. You must go on your own.
- Paella class conducted in Spanish and English
- The nearest bus stop from the paella's school is “Museo Fallero” (Fallas museum), 650 meters walking).
- You can hop on/ hop off the bus at any of the 17 stops, as many times as you want, over 24 hours. Frequency: every 30 minutes approx. From 10am to 8pm.
- City tour by bus includes an audio guide in 9 languages.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 7 years are not allowed.
- Advice about any dietary restriction at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY La mar de cerca. Tours in Spain.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized