- Boats offer indoor cabins and open decks
- Watch for whales, porpoises, seals, and sea lions
- Explore a scenic coast from the water
- Departs from Victoria's Inner Harbour
Departure & Return
Check in: We ask all passengers to meet 30 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time. Meet us at 645 Humboldt Street on the North side of the Fairmont Empress Hotel, next to Willow Stream Spa
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your boat departs from a nearby dock, and at 1pm you’ll board the catamaran and find a comfortable seat on deck. The route reflects recent wildlife activity, and the captain will steer for the best place to see animals.
Keep your camera ready, watching for killer whales, humpback whales, minke whales, and harbor seals, as well as both Dall’s porpoises and harbor porpoises. Steller sea lions and California sea lions cluster in rocky colonies off Vancouver Island, and more than 127 species of marine birds can be seen in the region.
Head east towards the San Juan Islands to see the bird and seal sanctuary in the Chain Islets, or steer towards Race Rocks Marine Protected Area to visit the rocks where sea lions and seals spend the winter. Take advantage of your time with a marine naturalist to ask questions about the birds and mammals you see from the boat, and learn more about Vancouver Island wildlife.
This 3-hour boat tour concludes at the original departure point in Victoria’s Inner Harbour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Five Star Whale Watching
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Marine Wildlife Tour with Expert Guides.