- Whale-watching tour from Vancouver
- Look for orcas, porpoises, sea lions, seals, eagles and more!
- Travel through the spectacular Gulf and San Juan island chains
- Accompanied by a professional naturalist
- Shuttle option for round-trip transportation from downtown Vancouver
Departure & Return
Our office is located on the second level of the building suite #210. Meet at the office one hour prior to tour if not being picked-up by the shuttle ***Please call us to specify your pick-up zone if not meeting at the office location***
What To Expect
Start your whale watching trip with pickup from select Vancouver hotels or by meeting at Steveston Village where your boat departs. A shuttle transports guests from nine convenient hotel locations in Vancouver, and free parking is available for those arriving by car. Depending on the option you select, your cruise may leave in morning or afternoon. Check with your tour operator during reconfirmation on your exact schedule.
Then climb aboard your sleek, modern whale watching vessel. The high-speed zodiacs used on the trip offer both an open-air deck and a covered cabin, ensuring a comfortable ride no matter the conditions. On-board hydrophones also allow you the chance to hear the whale calls of any orcas encountered along the way, and handy photo ID charts help you identify different species of animal.
Soon your boat cruises out into the waters of coastal British Columbia. The area for your excursion is renowned for the killer whale pods that come to feed on the spawning salmon in the area between May and October each year. During your ride, listen as the naturalist shares insights into orca behavior, and helps you spot for a variety of creatures. Three pods of killer whales, totaling around 80 animals, reliably return to this area annually, making it more likely you have a sighting. Keep your eyes peeled for the orca old-timer named ‘Granny,’ who many believe is more than 100 years old.
Guaranteed whale sightings or your next trip is free.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 47 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vancouver Whale Watch
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "They provide big yellow jackets which you will need, but it's a good idea to take an extra sweater." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews