Explore our promoted experiences
- Independent day trip from Venice to Florence with round-trip train transport
- Meet a host at Venice’s Santa Lucia Station to receive train times, tickets and information about Florence
- Relax on the 2-hour high-speed train journey from Venice to Florence
- Enjoy a day of independent and guided sightseeing and see top Florence attractions such as Florence Duomo and Boboli Gardens
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The time of departure may change according to the availability of the train tickets - please make sure to control the train tickets before the day of the tour. No assistance is provided at the departure, all the travel documents are sent by e-mail or to the hotel concierge.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On the morning of your tour, head to Venice’s Santa Lucia Station and hop aboard a comfortable high-speed train and settle in for the scenic, 2-hour journey to Florence, which lies approximately 160 miles (260 km) to the south of Venice.
Once you arrive in Florence, greet your guide and embark on a walking tour of the city. See top sights like the central Cathedral of Santa Maria dei Fiori, home of Brunelleschi’s Dome, the shop-lined Ponte Vecchio, and the beautifully landscaped Boboli Gardens.
After your tour, explore Florence independently. You could marvel at Michelangelo’s famous David sculpture at the Accademia Gallery;
view a jaw-dropping collection of Renaissance paintings at the Ufizzi Gallery, or simply wander through charming piazzas and winding medieval streets, which appear little changed from centuries ago.
When you’re ready for a break, settle into a sidewalk seat at a local café to watch daily Florentine life go by or enjoy a sweet scoop from one of the city’s famed gelaterias (all entry tickets and meals are at your own expense).
Make your way back to Florence’s Santa Maria Novella Station to catch your return train at the time advised. Relax on the return ride to Venice, where you will arrive back at Santa Lucia Station in the late evening.
Please note: Starting from April 2018, a salami tasting will be included. The tasting will take place at Mercato Centrale, (drinks excluded), and a vegetarian option is available upon request.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- You will receive documents and tickets by email or at your Venice hotel, so please make sure to advise your hotel name and address at time of booking
- Infant 0/1.99 years old free with no seats reserved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- The departure of the train may change according to the availability of the train - please make sure to control the train tickets that we send you.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Albatravel Florence
Learn more about cancellations.