Explore our promoted experiences
- Combination tour of St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- See the shimmering mosaics inside the basilica and the beautiful golden altar
- Explore the lavish halls and rooms of the Doge's Palace
- Hear about famous Venetians, including the story of Casanova's famous escape from the Doge's prison
Departure & Return
15 min before in Calle larga de l’Ascension 1256 - 30124 next to the post office San Marco (opposite side of the Saint Marks Basilica). Look for the yellow sign "Meeting point" on the wooden kiosk.
The tour ends in Saint Mark's square, outside the Saint Mark's Basilica
What To Expect
Walk through the church to the Pala d'Oro (Golden Altar), one of the treasures inside the church, representing the work of generations of Venetian goldsmiths. Experts consider the altar one of the best examples of Byzantine goldsmith craftsmanship.
Continue your tour with a brief walk to the Doge's Palace, or Palazzo Ducale, which is adjacent to St. Mark's Basilica. Admire the different architectural features on the exterior of the palace, with elements of the Byzantine, Gothic, and Renaissance eras.
Learn about the rulers who once lived in and governed from the Doge's Palace when this was the center of the Venetian Empire. Walk through ornately-decorated halls and rooms, some with artwork by famous Venetian painters—including Titian, Tintoretto, and Veronese. Hear about the prison attached to the Doge's Palace, and about one of its best-known residents—Casanova—who famously escaped from this impenetrable building.
Use your ticket from the Doge's Palace to visit many other museums in the area including the Correr Museum, the National Archaeological Museum, and the Monumental Rooms of the National Library.
Enjoy a perfect introduction to Venice with tours of these two important landmarks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: Knees and shoulders must be covered to enter into Saint Marks Basilica church;
- Large bags or ruck sacks are not allowed into Saint Marks Basilica or the Doges Palace for security reasons;
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time;
- Late arrivals, No Shows, No refund;
- On very few occasions Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed due to Public holidays, Religious Ceremonies, private events or high water and we are not always informed in advance;
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Venice Events srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff