Explore our promoted experiences
- Verona walking tour with wine and snacks
- Hear the history of Verona Arena, the city’s ancient amphitheater
- See Juliet’s House, which celebrates Shakespeare’s links to Verona
- Learn about the Scala family as you admire their gothic tombs
- Stop for photos by the symbolic Fountain of Madonna Verona
Departure & Return
Meeting point is at Piazza Brà (the square with the Roman arena) under the equestrian statue of King Vittorio Emanuele.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
First, you’ll check out Verona Arena, the city’s millennia-old Roman amphitheater, which was built decades before Rome’s Colosseum. Once the site of gladiatorial battle, the stadium is now used for large-scale opera performances that draw crowds from around the world.
Continue along the main shopping street of Via Mazzini, passing the Loggia Arvedi, and stop to gaze at Juliet’s House (Casa di Giulietta). The balconied house was built to celebrate Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, which was famously set in Verona.
Work your way through courtyards and alleyways to see the Scavi Scaligeri, an excavation site of Roman and medieval ruins. From here, you’ll visit the gothic Scala family tombs and see their first abode in the stately Piazza dei Signori. Hear about the noble family who once ruled the city, as you walk.
Pass more highlights such as the Lamberti Tower and the 14th-century Palazzo del Tribunale on your way to Piazza delle Erbe, site of the ancient Roman forum. Here, you’ll listen to fun facts about landmarks such as the Fountain of Madonna Verona, which is the symbol of the city, and the House of the Merchants. Continue on to find other quirky but less-well-known sites, such as the Well of Love, a landmark with a tragic legend.
When your tour ends, stroll with your guide to a nearby wine bar and relax with some wine. Sample a local red and white varietal along with some snacks to finish on a high note.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We require a minimum of three participants. In case we do not reach this number the tour will be private and you will be kindly asked to pay 10 euro per person in cash to the guide.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Communicate in advance any dietary restriction
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Curioseety SRLS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.