- Day trip to the Mauthausen Concentration Camp from Vienna
- Tour Mauthausen Concentration Camp with an informative audio guide
- See the prisoner’s barracks, SS-quarters and gas chamber, and visit Mauthausen Museum
- Reimbursement of taxi fare from hotel to the meeting point is included
Departure & Return
Your guide is waiting in front of Tourist-Info Wien. Your taxi ride to the meeting point will be reimbursed when showing a valid receipt (max. 12 euros per person).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your day with a cab ride from your hotel to central Vienna to join up with your driver. Hold on to your receipt so that your cab cost can be repaid after your trip.
Climb aboard your comfortable tour vehicle, meet your friendly English-speaking tour escort and become acquainted with the history of Mauthausen Memorial during the ride from Vienna. Relax as you journey through the countryside of Lower and Upper Austria.
Arrive at Mauthausen Memorial, a building that stands on the site of the former Mauthausen Concentration Camp. Grab your audio guide (available in 11 languages) and begin touring independently through the grounds. See Wiener-Graben quarry, the prisoners’ barracks, the so-called 'Stairs of Death,' SS-quarters, gas chamber, camp prison and the Mauthausen Museum for more historical background on the camp and WWII.
Afterward, climb back aboard tour vehicle and begin the drive back to Vienna. There will be a stop for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense.) You will be returned to the Vienna State Opera in Downtown Vienna.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The taxi ride will be reimbursed when showing a valid receipt (max 12 euros per person)
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Audio-guides at the Memorial are available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Hebrew, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Russian, Hungarian
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vienna a la carte Reisebuero GmbH
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Mauthausen Concentration Camp Day Trip from Vienna.