3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Ideally suited to first-time visitors to Vienna, this private, half-day walking tour gives an in-depth overview of the culturally-rich Austrian capital. Enrich your visit with informative background from your own personal guide as you cover landmarks like the Belvedere Museum (home to Gustav Klimt’s “The Kiss”), the imperial palace of Hofburg, and the iconic cathedral at Stephansplatz, plus many more.
- A half-day, private morning or afternoon walking tour of Vienna’s top sights
- Cover the city’s top landmarks in just a few hours of sightseeing—the perfect introductory tour
- Learn about the capital’s tumultuous history, from imperial heritage to the Art Nouveau movement
- Travel like a local using the city’s efficient public transportation systems, with front-door hotel pickup
Saved to wishlist!
Professional Austria Guide "from doorstep"
Public trasportation where useful
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We meet our guests at all hotels/vacation homes in town and at the city pier “Handelskai 265”.
Other meeting points can be arranged!
- Reichsbruecke, Handelskai 265, 1020 Vienna
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Walter SCHINDL
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Vienna at First Glance a Private Walking Tour for First Time Visitors
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 20 minutes
9 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCity ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingViennaShore Excursions - SchwechatCity Tours - SchwechatWalking Tours - SchwechatPorts of Call Tours - SchwechatHistorical Tours - SchwechatHalf-day Tours - SchwechatShore Excursions - BratislavaCity Tours - BratislavaWalking Tours - BratislavaPorts of Call Tours - BratislavaHistorical Tours - BratislavaHalf-day Tours - BratislavaShore Excursions - GrazCity Tours - GrazWalking Tours - GrazPorts of Call Tours - GrazHistorical Tours - GrazHalf-day Tours - GrazCategory
Wiener Konzerthaus Tours & TicketsSchubert Sterbewohnung Tours & TicketsMuseum Quarter (MuseumsQuartier) Tours & TicketsSt Peter's Church Tours & TicketsOtto Wagner Pavillon Karlsplatz Tours & TicketsVienna Theatermuseum Tours & TicketsAugarten Porcelain Manufactory (Porzellanmanufaktur Augarten) Tours & TicketsAugarten Tours & TicketsMaria Theresa Square (Maria Theresien Platz) Tours & TicketsMelk Abbey (Stift Melk) Tours & TicketsHouse of Music (Haus der Musik) Tours & TicketsBank Austria Kunstforum Tours & TicketsDanube Cycle Path (Donauradweg) Tours & TicketsJohann Strauss Museum (Johann Strauss Wohnung) Tours & TicketsSt. Rupert's Church (Ruprechtskirche) Tours & TicketsPalais Auersperg Tours & TicketsChocolate Museum Vienna Tours & TicketsThird Man Museum (Dritte Mann Museum) Tours & TicketsNeue Burg Tours & TicketsAustrian Parliament Building Tours & Tickets