3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Go off the beaten path and into an ice cave on this small-group tour. In a Super Jeep, travel to a spectacular ice cave inside Kötlujökull an outlet glacier of Mýrdalsjökull Glacier, underneath which the mighty volcano Katla is located. All necessary equipment is included.
- Small-group tour (maximum 14): Ensures a personal experience
- Go off the beaten track: Travel by Super Jeep from Vík
- Includes all necessary equipment, such as crampons and helmets
- Get insights into the unique geological features from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Super Jeep - Ride to the Ice Cave
All safety gear: crampons, helmet and headlamps
All Fees and Taxes
Transfer from Reykjavik
Departure & Return
C294+P4 , C294+P4 Vik, IcelandThis activity will end right where it started.
Meeting point is Campsite in Vík í Mýrdal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Marina Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ice Cave at Katla Volcano?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Ice Cave at Katla Volcano?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ice Cave at Katla Volcano?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ice Cave at Katla Volcano?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Ice Cave at Katla Volcano
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWinter SportsClimbingExtremePhotography ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportVikHiking - South IcelandWinter Sports - South IcelandClimbing - South IcelandExtreme - South IcelandPhotography Tours - South IcelandHiking - SkaftafellWinter Sports - SkaftafellClimbing - SkaftafellExtreme - SkaftafellPhotography Tours - SkaftafellHiking - ReykjavikWinter Sports - ReykjavikClimbing - ReykjavikExtreme - ReykjavikPhotography Tours - ReykjavikCategory