Are you interested in?
Sólheimajökull Glacier Tours
89 Tours & Activities
7 Tours & Activities
58 Tours & Activities
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Take an unforgettable walk on pure ice on this guided glacier hike experience on Sólheimajökull in south Iceland. Accompanied by a professional guide, set off from the foot of Sólheimajökull, a frozen tongue of solid ice, and thrill at the experience of walking across the frozen valley. Put on your crampons and discover natural ice formations, crevasses, shafts and ridges as you learn about the formation and history of this frozen wonderland.
- Guided hike experience on Sólheimajökull glacier in south Iceland
- All essential glacier walking equipment supplied
- Hear about the glacier’s formation from an experienced guide
- Put on crampons and explore this beautiful frozen tongue of ice
- Suitable for all ages and no experience necessary
- Walk around ice sculptures, crevasses, moulins and other natural formations
Saved to wishlist!
Small group guarantee
Guided glacier hiking tour on Solheimajokull Glacier
Certified glacier guide
All necessary glacier gear needed
Pick up from Reykjavik
Hiking shoes and waterproof gear (can be rented for a small fee)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointSólheimajökull, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that this tour departs from Solheimajokull Cafe. Distance from Reykjavík appoximately 164 km/101 mi
- This tour is a small group experience limited to 15 participants per guide to ensure a more personalized experience
- Minimum age of 8, and minimum shoe size of EUR 35.
- This tour is operated all year round
- You spend approximately 1-1.5 hour on the ice
- The tour is rated as easy so no prior experience is needed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Small Group Glacier Experience from Solheimajokull Glacier?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 5590P32