- Explore a political neighborhood with a local
- See government landmarks
- Join a fun, lively debate
- Small group ensures personal service
Departure & Return
On the east side of Capitol building between the guard posts on the Capitol side of the intersection, where First St. NE, First St. SE, and East Capitol St. NE meet
Marine Barracks, 8th & I St. SE, Washington, DC
What To Expect
You’ll pass key DC landmarks on an engaging route, but the guide will also offer a chance to jump into the debate about American history and politics (bring your opinions, and come ready for an easy-going, friendly discussion).
Take in the US Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, and the Library of Congress, then head up one of the most historic streets in the city. You’ll also visit Eastern Market, the Old Navy Hospital, and the Marine Barracks, the oldest post of the United States Marine Corps. See where Washington, DC movers and shakers get together outside the office, and learn about the changes that the neighborhood and city have undergone through the years.
Finish the tour in Barrack’s Row, the city’s oldest commercial district, where you’ll duck into a local pub or cafe to keep the conversation going.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress comfortably and appropriate for the weather, as much of the tour takes place outside.
- Your small group will include a maximum of 12 people.
- This is a family friendly tour; children are permitted to join.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures USA
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms