Are you interested in?
Private Sightseeing Tours
146 Tours & Activities
National Museum of Natural History Tours
36 Tours & Activities
254 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Step into the past and be amazed by the natural world on this a 2-hour private guided tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. See some of the over 126 million artifacts housed in the museum including the Hope Diamond, Egyptian mummies, and a living coral reef. Spend time immersing yourself in the fascinating stories and objects that make up our history and come away from the museum with new knowledge.
- Tour the Smithsonian Natural History Museum on a private 2-hour tour
- See the Hope Diamond, a dazzling 46 Karat blue diamond
- See Egyptian mummies and learn about fascinating ancient death rituals
- Discover a live coral reef exhibit and see a 45-ton replica of a whale
Saved to wishlist!
Guided Museum Tour
Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
Duration 1.5 - 2 Hours
Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointSmithsonian National Museum of Natural History, 10th St. & Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: Natural History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Babylon Tours LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Smithsonian Museum of Natural History Private Guided Tour ?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Smithsonian Museum of Natural History Private Guided Tour ?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Smithsonian Museum of Natural History Private Guided Tour ?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Smithsonian Museum of Natural History Private Guided Tour ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It was a great way to see the museum especially if you don't have much time." See review
Product code: 40048P26
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingWashington DCArchaeology Tours - BaltimoreWalking Tours - BaltimoreHistorical Tours - BaltimoreArchaeology Tours - Amboseli National ParkWalking Tours - Amboseli National ParkHistorical Tours - Amboseli National ParkArchaeology Tours - PhiladelphiaWalking Tours - PhiladelphiaHistorical Tours - PhiladelphiaCategory
Vietnam Veterans MemorialFranciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in AmericaJamestown SettlementUnited States Treasury BuildingNational Academy of SciencesThe White HouseOld Town AlexandriaNational Museum of American HistoryLincoln MemorialFrederick Douglass National Historic SiteFreedom PlazaAlbert Einstein MemorialRonald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)Islamic Mosque of Washington DCNational 9/11 Pentagon MemorialU.S. Department of StateFolger Shakespeare LibraryWashington DC ChinatownThe SmithsonianBureau of Engraving and Printing