2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Get an in-depth look at the National Museum of American History on this 2.5-hour private tour. With a dedicated guide, visit the museum's highlights that features personalized attention and a flexible itinerary.
- Discover historic highlights with a private guided tour of the National Museum of American History
- Enjoy personalized attention from your private guide
- Suit your schedule—choice of morning or afternoon departure available
- Get the most of your time in D.C.—tour length is ideal for those short on time
Saved to wishlist!
Guided Museum Tour
Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Departure & Return
1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Babylon Tours LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Smithsonian Museum of American History Guided Tour - Private Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Smithsonian Museum of American History Guided Tour - Private Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Smithsonian Museum of American History Guided Tour - Private Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Smithsonian Museum of American History Guided Tour - Private Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Product code: 40048P5
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingWashington DCWalking Tours - PhiladelphiaHistorical Tours - PhiladelphiaWalking Tours - PittsburghHistorical Tours - PittsburghWalking Tours - NewarkHistorical Tours - NewarkCategory
The PentagonNationals ParkArt Museum of the AmericasMartin Luther King, Jr. MemorialEmbassy RowNational ZooDulles International Airport (IAD)National Museum of Natural HistoryPetersen House Heurich House MuseumRenwick GalleryWest Potomac ParkGeorge Washington Masonic National MemorialOld Post Office PavilionEisenhower Executive Office BuildingWashington National CathedralVietnam Veterans MemorialRock Creek ParkLincoln MemorialHirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden