- 2.5-hour snowshoe tour of the Medicine Trail from Whistler
- Follow the frozen Medicine Trail, an old trapper's route that runs through a mysterious forest
- See gigantic cedar and hemlock trees, and sample tea made from the trail's medicinal herbs
- A moderate level of fitness is required for this activity
- A family-friendly activity suited to lovers of the outdoors
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Please check in 30 minutes before your tour time at the Canadian Wilderness Adventures Sales Desk, located in the Carleton Lodge below the Longhorn Saloon. Address: 4280 Mountain Square, Whistler BC
What To Expect
After strapping on your snowshoes, you’ll embark on an old trapper’s trail that leads deep into the forest. Gaze at giant hemlock, cedar, and fir trees, pass by totem poles, and listen to local knowledge shared by your guide.
Then, stop at the Trapper’s Cabin—located beside Totem Pole Lake—to sample steaming tea made from the medicinal plants that grow on the Medicine Trail.
Your tour concludes with drop-off back at your Whistler departure point.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Must be able to walk for an extended period of time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Canadian Wilderness Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff