Explore our promoted experiences
- Travel through the Bernese Oberland and stop in the famous town of Interlaken
- Ride the gondola Eiger Express of the newly opened V-Cableway from Grindelwald to Eiger Glacier Station, and then on by cogwheel train to Jungfraujoch, one of the highest points in Europe
- Immerse yourself in a winter wonderland as you enjoy views from the Sphinx Observatory and explore the Ice Palace
- Learn all about the region from your multilingual guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
Travel onward to Grindelwald to board the gondola Eiger Express of the newly opened V-Cableway for a ride to the Eiger Glacier station, where you change for the cogwheel train headed to one of Europe’s highest points. Marvel at dramatic mountain scenery during the ride up the UNESCO-listed Jungfraujoch mountain pass, and scour the horizon for the jagged peaks of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains.
On arrival at the 11,332-foot (3,454-meter) summit, gaze at mind blowing views of the Alpine wonderland below, and then ascend to the Sphinx Observatory for even more magnificent panoramas. Try to spot the craggy peak of the Aletsch Glacier, Europe’s longest glacier, and then explore the frozen tunnels of the Ice Palace during an enchanting guided tour.
Opt to enjoy a fulfilling meal at one of the many rustic restaurants at the summit (own expense) and then re-board the train for the journey to Lauterbrunnen, where your coach awaits. Relax during the journey back to Zurich, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- As the Jungfraujoch is covered in snow all year round, we recommend bringing a warm jacket, shoes with a solid rubber sole and sun glasses to experience all indoor and outdoor attractions. Please note that there is no possibility to rent clothes or shoes on top of the Jungfraujoch.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Routing and means of transport may have to be amended during maintenance work and depending on seasonal schedules without prior notice. A minimum stay of 2 hours on the top of Jungfraujoch is always guaranteed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews